First off, make sure to check out my blog on Bloglovin! a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/15073055/?claim=tsprtgrekqn”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Hi! So after two attempts I finally made the perfect, calming, sweet smelling rose-water toner. My special ingredients? Lavender essential oil and coconut oil. Rose water is an all natural skin anti-inflammatory. The smell of lavender essential oil is a mind relaxer and stress reducer, consequently relaxing your body’s toxins. Coconut oil is moisturizing, and turns this toner into an all natural eye-makeup remover. (I’ve tried it, the results are surprisingly good!) I’m really way too excited about this stuff, how easy it is to make, and how good I feel for putting all-natural things onto my skin.
So let’s get to the recipe!
DIY Rose-Water Lavender Toner and Eye Make-up Remover
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lidded Bottle or Mister Bottle (I thouroughly washed out a nail-polish remover bottle)
- The Petals of 3 Red Roses
- 3 Cups of Water
- 5 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil (Available at Sprout’s or Whole Foods)
- 1/2 tbs of All-natural Coconut Oil
- Pan and Strainer
- Start off with the three cups of water into a pan over high-heat.
2. Add in the rose petals, start to stir and you’ll notice they begin wilting. You’ll be bringing the water to a boil eventually.
3. Add 5 drops of the essential oil, then stir it in and bring the water to a boil.
4. Add in the coconut oil to the boiling water and make sure that it is fully melted in.
6.Take the pan off the heat and scoop the petals into the strainer above the pan, use the spoon to mash the petals to get all of the juices and oils out of them and back into the water.
7. Put the pan into the fridge and let it cool to at least room-temp, approx. 1 hour. It should be a honey golden color.
8. Pour the toner into your desired lidded container! It should last about 3-4 weeks before you should throw it out and make some more.
Let me know if you make it, or if you have any questions!