The title of this post pretty much explains it, but hilariously my entrepreneurial inclination has pushed me in the ditch many, many times.
About once every other year I have an idea for some incredible business opportunity that’s going to make me tons of money, often with some item in mind that the money will be used for. I decided to reflect and laugh about these incredible ideas chronologically. I was basically a young Tom Haverford (P&R).
- Some greeting card business. Basically I would fold paper and write “Happy Birthday” on it.
- Greeting card business with a name, “A Time to Dance Cards,” and yes I did have a lemonade/card stand outside my house for a weekend.
- Many lemonade stands. I used to brag about scoring $17 in 4 hours.
- Bobby-pins with beads glued on. Made 12, sold 0.
- Ugly skirts. Made 1 skirt, told 10 girls that it could be theirs for only 2 installments of $4.99.
- Jo’s Bows. Made about 30 of these decent looking hair bows for girls, around the time that top knots with bows was a literal thing, sold about 3. Even had an instagram and facebook page.
- Instagram leotard buy, sell, and trade. Basically just wanted to anonymously sell my old leotards.
- Poshmark Closet. So basically the only clothing items I have sold on Poshmark are bad quality and cheap, no one is interested in the new with tags dress that was $350, listed for $99…
Note the “Jordan’s Custom Cards” at the bottom!
There were many other ideas including social media accounts, exclusive clubs, and more… but these were the $$$! Kinda cute, mostly funny…